12 May Bank of Fayetteville
1 S. Block Ave.
Fayetteville, AR 72701
The Bank of Fayetteville was founded on values and principles of treating customers the way we would want to be treated. It’s our philosophy that every community needs a local bank that is owned and operated by local shareholders.
The Main Bank building, located on Block Ave., is registered on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built in 1904 and housed Lewis Brothers Hardware which was owned by John Lewis’ family for many years. Renovations were complete in December of 1987.
John Lewis initially started the bank with twelve partners. Over the past 20 years, the number of partners has grown to well over 100. In 2004, John Lewis stepped down as President and brought Mary Beth Brooks on board to fill those duties.
Today the bank operates out of eight locations, the Main Bank on the Fayetteville Square, the North Branch on North College, the Train Branch on Dickson Street, the East Branch at Crossover the corner or Hwy 45 and 265, the Wedington Branch on Wedington Dr./Hwy 16, the West Fork Branch, the Prairie Grove Branch on west Hwy 62, and the Farmington Branch.